TITLE: Senior Analyst
Conduct research and perform technical analyses relating to the design and development of electrical equipment, components and systems relating to power grids. Monitor topological/systems changes in the bulk power grids. Conduct power flow analysis. Study impact of additions, retirements and upgrades in generation and transmission equipment on the electrical grid. Perform quantitative data analysis on large data sets; write and implement algorithms for the manipulation of these data sets. Work with analytical/statistical software packages. Develop quantitative models used to inform investment and management staff in risk analysis.
- Master’s degree in Power Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field or the foreign degree equivalent; and,
- Five (5) years of professional experience in power trading analysis, including 5 years of experience:
- Applying power market analysis techniques in professional software, including PowerWorld and Dayzer, conducting power flow congestion studies, generation price modeling, monitoring of bulk system topological changes, impacts of additions, retirements and upgrades in generation and transmission equipment;
- Performing quantitative analysis on large‐scale data sets, including at least 10M records of node prices, system demand and supply, transmission and unit outage information, and branch flows;
- Designing trade strategies, processing auction results and managing portfolio risk; and
- Conducting technical analyses and data visualization tools using Python, SQL, MATLAB, and Tableau.
Experience may be gained concurrently.
LOCATION: Full‐time employment with Saracen Energy Power Advisors LP in Houston, Texas.